John Wick 3 isn’t even out yet, but Keanu Reeves is already onto his next project, reprising another of his iconic roles: a third film in the Bill and Ted franchise that has long been desired by fans. And it’s been announced via Twitter in a quintessentially Bill and Ted way: with stars Alex Winter and Reeves—collectively Wyld Stallyns (the name of their band)—standing in front of the bandshell at the Hollywood Bowl (“where we will never play”) and thanking fans for their support.
The third film will be called Bill and Ted 3: Face the Music, and it will hit theaters this summer—possibly August 21, 2020, if the Bill and Ted 3 Twitter account is accurate. Naturally, time travel will be involved. Per an accompanying press release:
Following 1989’s Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure and 1991’s Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey, the stakes are higher than ever for William “Bill” S. Preston Esq. (Winter) and Theodore “Ted” Logan (Reeves). Yet to fulfill their rock-and-roll destiny, the now middle-aged best friends set out on a new adventure, when a visitor from the future warns them that only their song can save life as we know it and bring harmony to the universe. Along the way, they will be helped by their families, old friends, and a few music legends.
The film will be directed by Dean Parisot of Galaxy Quest and will reunite the screenwriters of the two previous films, Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson (who is incidentally the son of I Am Legend scribe Richard Matheson).
Listing image by YouTube/Orion Pictures
- Can you have sex with Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077? “We don’t want to share too much”
- Latest trailer for John Wick 3: Parabellum is sheer guns-and-glory mayhem
- In Cyberpunk 2077 Keanu Reeves is a ghost that doesn’t “give a rat’s dick how you look”
- Mike Pondsmith didn’t think CDPR could get Keanu Reeves for Cyberpunk 2077
- Kids have started calling Keanu Reeves the ‘Fortnite guy’