In case you didn’t know, Paramount Pictures is actively developing a movie based on the Duke Nukem video game franchise and it looks like the studio may have found its leading man.
If Cena gets the role of Duke Nukem, it wouldn’t be his first time working in film. In addition to professional wrestling, Cena has built quite a successful movie career, appearing in titles such as Daddy’s Home, The Marine, and Trainwreck. He will also appear later this year in Paramount’s Bumblebee spinoff movie.
The untitled Duke Nukem movie will be produced by Michael Bay, Andrew Form, and Brad Fuller’s company Platinum Dune.
The most recent game in the series, Duke Nukem Forever, was widely considered one of the worst games of the year when it was released in 2011, so this is certainly a strange time for Hollywood to try and bring the franchise to the big screen. That being said, John Cena seems like a perfect fit for the muscle-bound Duke, so if Paramount lands his involvement, the movie will at least have one thing going for it.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
- John Cena In Negotiations To Star As Duke Nukem
- John Cena Confirmed To Play Duke Nukem In Film Adaptation
- Michael B. Jordan will star in a Rainbow Six movie
- Deliciously spooky Pet Sematary trailer will give you the chills
- Westworld’s Main Street shooting set at Paramount Ranch burns down