Journey to the Savage Planet is a new, sci-fi action-adventure game from Alex Hutchison, who directed titles including Far Cry 4 and Assassin’s Creed 3 at Ubisoft. We won’t see many gameplay details until next year, but Hutchison promises two things in particular – this isn’t a battle royale, and it isn’t a survival game.
You’ll take on the role of an employee at Kindred Aerospace, an space exploration company that proudly boasts of its “fourth-best” ranking among similar organisations. It’s the first title from from Typhoon Studios, founded in 2017 by Hutchison, Yassine Riahi, and Reid Schneider in Montreal. 505 Games will publish the title.
“The core tenets of Typhoon are strong flavors, lots of intertwined systems, a penchant for bad jokes and a deep and abiding love of collaborative play,” Hutchison tells Variety. “Journey to the Savage Planet will encompass all of those things and more.”
The Game Awards is an annual show hosted by Geoff Keighley that celebrates the best and brightest in the gaming year, and provides plenty of fresh announcements, trailers, and worldwide debuts for upcoming PC games. You can catch the show in progress on YouTube and Twitch, or whatever your media streaming platform of choice happens to be. Of course, you can also stick with us for more details on all the announcements as they happen.
Check out a trailer below.
This story is still developing. Keep checking back for more details as they come in during our coverage of The Game Awards.
- Risky Reels is now The Block – a place where Fortnite devs will show player creations in-game
- Anthem’s Game Awards trailer doubles down on story and reveals the villain
- BioWare confirms the next Dragon Age with a Game Awards trailer – sort of
- Psychonauts 2 launches in 2019 – here’s the first trailer
- Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds might just be the New Vegas follow-up you’ve wanted