Just Cause 4 was officially announced during Microsoft’s E3 press conference this year and as such players can expect to step back into the shoes of Rico Rodriguez. The game will still be a third-person action-adventure title set in an open world environment while being set in a fictional South American country called Solis.
The overall journey for Rico is to fight against a paramilitary group known as the Black Hand but in order to do so, players will have other hostilities to worry about. One of the biggest aspects that developers Avalanche Studios is pushing for this upcoming installment is weather conditions. While we have been told about various weather elements that may play a part in the game’s environment, a new gameplay trailer has been released during this year’s Gamescom event.
Within the trailer, we get a small glimpse into how tornadoes may play out. In fact, the brief gameplay footage shown off is actually part of a mission. Players will have to race through the tornado’s path of destruction while taking out cannons made to guide the tornado away from an airport that was taken control by the Black Hand.
Of course, the footage is brief but these tornadoes seem to play a big role in the potential destruction of your environment. Currently, the game is slated to launch on December 4, 2018, on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC platforms.
- Just Cause 4’s latest trailer shows off more extreme weather and more extreme chaos
- Just Cause 4 Set to Release Tomorrow for PS4, Xbox One, and PC; Launch Trailer Released
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 Gameplay Released Online
- Just Cause 4 Goes Gold; PC Requirements and Expansion Pass Content Revealed
- Sony Unveils Gameplay Ghost of Tsushima Footage