After the release of Just Cause 3, Avalanche has been considerably quiet – besides releasing portions of DLC here and there, we haven’t seen much from the team since Rico Rodriguez graced our current generation platforms in 2015.
But it seems that silence has come to an end. According to a new job-listing, the team has stated that they are currently working on another open-world action game.
“At Avalanche Studios, we’re hard at work developing our next, as of yet unannounced, self-published title. We can’t say much about the game itself (or we’d have to kill you), but it will be created in true Avalanche Studios fashion and offer players tons of our trademark emergent, open-world action. In the game you will play as a young adult, whom we will bring to life using cutting-edge face scanning technology.”
“True Avalanche Studios fashion” most likely suggests the iconic overexaggerated explosions, daring action, and an expansive world – but we’ll have to wait and see.
Thoughts on Avalanche Studio’s upcoming game? Let us know down in the comments below. Just Cause 3 is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Who would win in a fight between Rage 2’s developers? We pit Avalanche against id Software
- Characters are “really important” to Rage 2
- THQ Nordic and Avalanche Studios Sign Agreement for Worldwide Distribution of Generation Zero
- Footage of a triple-A Harry Potter RPG is either a leak or a brilliant fake
- Avalanche Studios Reveal Generation Zero; An Open-World Action Title with Robotic Dogs