A ‘monstrous’ new Kingdom Hearts III trailer has been unleashed at Tokyo’s D23 Disney Expo, a biennial show that’s been running since 2009. During the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event, a two minute gameplay trailer for Square Enix’s Disney crossover RPG was revealed, introducing a couple of familiar faces from the Monsters, Inc. franchise. Mike Wazowski and James P. “Sulley” Sullivan materialise shortly after the minute mark, and are introduced to the monster forms of Sora, Goofy and Daffy Duck.
There will also be a new Monsters, Inc. themed world to explore in addition to the pre-established worlds, bringing the confirmed tally to seven:
- Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
- San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)
- Toy Story World (Toy Story)
- Twilight Town
- Mount Olympus (Hercules)
- Mysterious Tower
Furthermore, Square Enix announced that Utada Hikaru is reprising her role as recording artist for the game’s official theme song, Don’t Think Twice.
Kingdom Hearts III is the third title in the main series, and follows 2005’s Kingdom Hearts II and the original 2002 adventure. There’s still no specific release date locked in, but we are on course for a 2018 release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer Centers Around Tangled; Watch Cinematic Gameplay Trailer Here
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Deluxe Edition Bundle Revealed During E3
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Rumored To Release On Nintendo Switch
- Liveblog: Square Enix’s E3 2018 press conference
- Square-Enix at E3: Yes, Kingdom Hearts III is finally coming out