Konami the publisher behind titles like Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania and Bomberman is currently having internal discussions as to what game to bring to Nintendo’s hybrid console, the Switch. The news comes from an interview with Miketendo64, Richard Jones, a European Brand Manager at Konami.
‘All I can say is that there is lots of internal discussions going on within Konami regarding what games we can bring to the Nintendo Switch.
We are well aware of its heritage and how loved it [Bomberman] and Castlevania are. So much so that Castlevania is getting is getting its own show on Netflix.
We’re hearing a lot of desires from our fans for a new Castlevania series.
So we do know there is a demand for a new game, but right now nothing is set in stone as the discussions are still on going.’
From the sounds of it, Castlevania seems like the most likely candidate to make it on the Switch. But I suppose as it is right now, nothing is set in stone – hopefully we’ll hear something from Konami by the time we reach this year’s E3.
The Switch is out now across retailers worldwide.
- Netflix Is Developing A ‘Castlevania’ TV Series
- Netflix Renews Castlevania for Third Seaosn; Director Adi Shankar Takes to Twitter to Celebrate and Thank Team
- Castlevania producer grabs DMC TV rights – “the jabronis in Hollywood can’t f*ck this one up”
- Devil May Cry Animated Series Announced From Castlevania Producer Adi Shankar
- Adi Shankar Reveals He’s Working On A New Video Game TV Series