Epic Games‘ free-to-play Fortnite: Battle Royale mode just got a new item and a limited time event in the latest update.
The update adds a new item to the game, the Boogie Bomb. The bomb isn’t a bomb per se, because instead of blowing people up, anyone present within the boogie bomb’s radius is forced to, well, boogie. This prevents affected players from building, using their weapons or items as long as the bomb’s effect is active. As for the limited time event, High Explosives limits players to using only “Snowball Launchers, Rocket Launchers and all types of Grenades.”
New Item: Boogie Bomb
- Thrown like a normal grenade, but this explosion is dazzling.
- Any players inside the blast radius are forced to dance.
- When boogie dancing, you are prevented from building, firing weapons, or using items.
- Drops in stacks of 1 with a stack limit of 10
- Can be found in treasure chests and supply drops
HIGH EXPLOSIVESThis Limited Time event is available on Dec 28 and ends on Jan 2
- Weapons are limited to only … Snowball Launchers, Rocket Launchers and all types of Grenades.
- Traps are disabled.
- Regular consumables are still available.
Earlier this month, Epic Games addressed team killing and provided Fortnite players with an insight on the major changes coming to the game.
- Fortnite Jetpacks Arrive With Update 4.2
- Fortnite Patch 4.4 Adds A New Timed Mode And Stink Bombs
- Epic Games Want To Change Fortnite’s Endgame
- Fornite Battle Royale Latest Update Adds Silenced Pistols
- Fortnite Update 1.42 Adds Crossbow to the Title; Details Upcoming Patch Notes