Blizzard’s massively successful hero-based shooter, Overwatch, is getting a plethora of new social features its way.
Blizzard’s Jeff Kaplan went to the game’s forums to discuss and clarify some of the changes made in the game’s latest patch. Most of these social features are currently in Overwatch’s PTR, including endorsements and looking for group. In the latest developer update video, found below, it features highlights and brief overview of all the changes made. Here are the timestamps, via PlayStation Lifestyle.
00:18 – We have two new upcoming social features: Endorsements and Looking for Group!
00:52 – Recognize players in three different ways: Sportsmanship, Good Teammate, and Shot caller
04:55 – Players who consistently maintain a high endorsement level will be rewarded periodically
05:17 – Looking for Group is coming your way!
05:17 – Craft your gameplay experience using specific parameters to create your dream team
07:35 – Attack and Defense heroes will now be merged under a new category: DAMAGE!
08:30 – Player profiles can now be set as private, friends only, or public
09:12 – Our Symmetra re-work will go live in the next patch!
09:30 – The Horizon Lunar Colony map will also receive several significant changes
10:12 – More social systems are on the way, two in the summer followed by another later in the year
10:35 – Thank you for watching—we hope you enjoy the features!
What new social feature are you most excited to try out? Check out the developer update video below for more information.
- Overwatch Update 2.31 Performs Minor Hero Changes and
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Update Adds New Hero Deckard; Performs Several Character Balance Changes
- Overwatch Update 2.29 Adds New Escort Map, Over 100 New Cosmetic Items and More
- Call of Duty: WWII Update 1.08 Fixes Bugs, Buffs MP-40 and M1928 Fire Rate and More
- WhatsApp Group Video Call and Instagram Video Chat Are Coming Soon