EA was set to unveil the first trailer for Star Wars Battlefront 2 at Star Wars Celebration 2017 on April 15, but it’s made its way online early.
The trailer teases footage from the game’s single player campaign, which appears to take place just after the events of Return of the Jedi. However, the best part is the promise that players will be able to “fight multiplayer battles across all eras,” which is backed up by footage of Darth Maul preparing to engage Yoda in combat, and brief snippets of Rey and Kylo Ren.
Of course, this being an EA game, the trailer ends with a note saying that players will need to “pre-order to get Star Wars: The Last Jedi heroes,” so it’s unclear which heroes come with the base game and which ones are being gated behind a pre-order wall.
This teaser confirms information that came out of an EA investor call back in January, in which it was revealed that the next Star Wars Battlefront would feature a single-player campaign and “more heroes and characters” than in the original 2015 game.
You can find the trailer on Vimeo
- Unlock Battlefront II’s Captain Phasma and Finn For Free
- Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass Is Free On PS4
- Xbox One Backwards Compatible Catalogue Gaining 19 Games
- Star Wars Battlefront II Is Out Now On EA Access
- Titanfall 3 and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order could be out next year