Back in November 1999, NBA 2K released for the Dreamcast, kicking off the start of a major franchise in the gaming industry. Fast forward to now, and 2K Sports are celebrating their 20th anniversary with a NBA 2K19 special edition featuring Cleveland Cavaliers and arguably the best basketball player in the history of the game, Lebron James. James had the following to say about featuring as the cover athlete.
“It’s humbling to be on the 20th anniversary cover of a game I’ve played and loved since I was a little kid. We were able to do something really unique for the cover that represents everything that drives me and inspires me – from my family to where I come from and words I live by. I’m honored my journey can be part of this special time in 2K history and I’m excited for fans to see it.”
As usual, the standard NBA 2K19 is priced at $59.99, while the 20th Anniversary special edition is priced at $100. However, it features a plethora of in-game content to kickstart your career and MyTeam, including 100,000 VC, 50,000 MyTeam points, a Sapphire LeBron James MyTEAM Card and lots of special Lebron-themed designs to customize MyCourt.
- 100,000 Virtual Currency
- 50,000 MyTEAM points
- 20 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week)
- Sapphire LeBron James MyTEAM Card
- 10 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 5 LeBron-themed murals for MyCOURT
- LeBron MyCOURT design
- King’s Collection – Nike LeBron apparel & footwear (25 pairs!)
- LeBron NBA 2K19 poster
- NBA 2K sticker sheet
- Custom Wristband featuring LeBron’s chosen words
NBA 2K19 releases on September 11 for PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
- 343 Is Not Making ‘Halo 3 Anniversary’ After All
- Toronto Raptors Star DeMar DeRozan Is The First Player To Grace Canadian Version Of NBA 2k18
- Rainbow Six Siege Special Editions Revealed; Celebrating Year 3’s Content Release
- Superstar AJ Styles Revealed as WWE 2K19 Cover Star; Million-Dollar Challenge Kicked Off
- WATCH: The Epic Opening Video For WWE’s ‘Raw 25’ Anniversary Broadcast