Legendary developer Koji Igarashi took to his Kickstarter to talk about his upcoming Metroidvania title, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
One of the biggest news pieces that came out of the post, is the new visual improvements trailer that showcasing the new graphics for the game. I will say, this game is looking significantly better since its debut, and the trailer clearly shows off the improvements.
Check out the new visual improvements for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night down below:
Here’s what Koji Igarashi had to tell fans on the development process of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night:
Hi everyone, IGA here.
How was the trailer? We were glad to see that it was generally well received. The Nintendo Direct trailer was different depending on the region, so there was a lot of new content shown this time around. While everything we show you are still work-in-progress, for this month’s update we are going to recap and give some additional details about what you saw.
This time we were able to show the 3D stage map that goes through the outer wall of the tower. This is a boss that Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon was based on and a new boss for this game. There was also a sneak peek of the character customization system.
We would like to tell you a little more about the “Reflector Ray” shard and “Invert” shard you saw at work during the trailer. These two shards will be the core elements for maneuvering through the castle, and we’ve wanted to share them with you for a long time.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is set to release for the SP4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch sometime this Summer. Are you excited for the upcoming Metroidvania title?
- Review Roundup: Koji Igarashi Brings Old School Metroidvania Fun Back With Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Receives Official Release Date for June; New Comparison Trailer Released
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is out in June, and it doesn’t look like “poop” anymore
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Launch Trailer Released, Now Available on PS4 and Xbox One
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night reviews on Steam are incredibly positive