While we were slowly easing back into the new year over the weekend, Insomniac Games was hard at work playtesting the PS4 exclusive Spiderman title. Taking to twitter Insomniac’s official account posted a photo, confirming that they are in the playtest stage of the game’s development. The post was also accompanied by an image that showed the Spider-Man game’s icon on the PS4 home menu.
Several other members of the Insomniac team, such as such as Character Artists Dustin Brown and Gavin Goulden, also took to Twitter to individually share the news with fans, hyping up the game a little bit more.
So far the title seems like’s going to be giving fans exactly what they’ve wanted for a Spider-Man game, drawing from hugely from the wide-variety of comic books out there (rather than from the films). If you are interested in reading up a little bit more on the title, check out Bryan Inthar’s description, here.
Also, if you didn’t know, this iteration of the spiderman game will allow players to play as Mary Jane, I wonder what special abilities she’ll have?
Spider-Man is due to launch exclusively on the PS4 early next year.
- Insomniac Games Adds “Sam Raimi Suit” to Marvel’s Spider-Man for Free
- Insomniac Games Showcase Photo Mode for Spider-Man; Will Be Available in Day One Update for Free
- Spider-Man PS4 Developers Insomniac Games Confirm That There is No Downgrade in the Final Version
- Insomniac’s Spider-Man Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- Release Date For Spider-man Revealed