After a stellar Super Bowl match, most Americans probably turned on their console or went to their PC to play a couple of games on EA Sports’ latest Madden title, Madden NFL 18, to try and either prove the Eagles deserved to win or change the result and give Tom Brady another ring. However, EA Sports released an update for Madden NFL 18 to address several reported issues.
Madden NFL 18 update 1.10 addressed the Weak Box exploit manager, which was reported by several players recently. There is a developer’s note explaining why and how the issue occurs and how they addressed it. Not only that, a number of various issues were fixed as well, including defenders giving up on the play when a broken tackle animation occurs and QBs with the Gunslinger Ability not throwing bullet passes like their perk allows them to. Here is the update’s patch notes:
- Added logic so that the Weak Box exploit manager does not trigger vs. AI-controlled opponents (penalty results in frequent pancake blocks by the offense)
- Addressed an issue causing QBs with the Gunslinger Ability to throw touch passes instead of bullet passes
- Addressed an issue that would occasionally prevent ball carriers from being tackled directly following a broken tackle animation
- Addressed an issue causing defenders to occasionally give up on the play during some broken tackle animations
- Addressed the jumping sideline catch animation that would often force players to land out of bounds
- Added a fix to disable the 10-second runoff when the team that is winning takes a penalty with less than a minute left in the half or game
- Added fixes to aggressive pass rush to help ensure defenders have a chance to jump offsides no matter what formation the defense comes out in (including Nickel 3-3-5)
Developer Note: The Weak Box exploit manager was introduced this year to encourage players to better match the offensive personnel on the field when trying to defend the run, especially heavy run sets with eight or more run blockers inside the tackle box. Due to a lot of valuable feedback from our players, we discovered the AI could get hit by this inadvertently which was never the intent of the exploit manager. The new logic will prevent it from occurring when playing AI opponents moving forward.
- Addressed stability issues
Madden Ultimate Team
- Added a new tab called Ultimate League to the Ultimate Team Main Menu that will be focused on the upcoming Madden Championship Series Ultimate League event – ollow the tournament, learn about the competitors, check the viewing schedule, and watch live all from this convenient new screen
- Added a new tab called Team Visuals to the Ultimate Team Lineup screen that will allow you to choose which Head Coach and Uniforms are brought into game. and allows you to get the Chemistry boost from your Zero Chill uniforms equipped on the Team Strategy tab while wearing the Jacksonville Jaguars’ Color Rush uniforms equipped on the Team Visuals tab
- Addressed an issue where not all the Chemistry boosts were showing up on the Lineup Screen.
Dev Note: After speaking with the competitors in Madden Ultimate League, the regular season and early playoff rounds will be played on the previous title update (TU9), in order to provide sufficient and equal practice opportunities. The competition will use the current title update (TU10) for the Madden Bowl.
Madden NFL 18 update 1.10 is live on all platforms. Make sure to check out our impressions of the game if you are still unsure about picking it up.
- FIFA 18 Third Title Update Overhauls Passing, Addresses Some Goalkeeper Issues and More
- Madden 18 Update 1.06 Tweaks Pass Accuracy, Enables 4K Ultra HD on Xbox One X and More
- FIFA 18 Update 1.09 Adds Accessibility Settings, Performs Gameplay Changes and More
- FIFA 18 Update 1.08 Goes Live on Consoles; Addresses Kickoff Glitch, Unnecessary Goalkeeper Clearances and More
- FIFA 18 Update 1.11 Addresses Several Issues with FUT Champions Channel Replays