March is shaping up to be a heck of a month for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
Sony has revealed its lineup of free titles for March 2018 and it includes two PS4 heavy-hitters. First up is Bloodborne, FromSoftware’s PS4 exclusive horror RPG. Part of the Souls series, Bloodborne was first released in 2015 but remains one of the PS4’s very best games and is an absolute must-have.
Of course, FromSoftware’s brand of difficult third-person action gameplay isn’t for everyone, which is why the inclusion of Ratchet & Clank as March’s other free PS4 game is great to see. A remake of sorts of the original 2002 release from Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank is easily one of the most visually-impressive games and one we’re particularly fond of here at Goliath — to the point where we even argued that it was the PS4’s best exclusive back when it was released in 2016.
Additionally, Sony is offering the following games:
- Legend of Kay, PS3
- Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
- Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
- Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Both Legend of Kay and Mighty No. 9 have PS4 versions as well, but it’s unclear if subscribers will have access to those versions as well.
The PlayStation Blog’s post also contains a pretty big announcement regarding the future of PS Plus. As of March 8, 2019, the service will no longer include PS3 or Vita games in its lineup of free monthly software. Any games users have already added to their libraries will still be available, but no new PS3 or Vita titles will be added to the service after this date. It’s unclear if Sony will offer six PS4 games each month or scale that number back.
Source: PlayStation Blog
- Free PS Plus Games For March Are Now Live
- Sony Has Revealed March’s PlayStation Plus Lineup
- October 2017 PS Plus Games Officially Unlocked
- Sony’s PlayStation Now Service Is Going To Let You Stream PS4 Games
- One Of The PS4’s Best Games Will Be Free In October