The upcoming Nintendo Switch presentation on Jan. 12 is set to provide us with a ton of information about the new console, but information is already starting to leak out. Thanks to a post on the EB Games website, we now know that Mario Kart 8, which was released on the Wii U back in 2014, is coming to the Switch and will feature quite a bit of new content too.
According to the game’s promotional box art, the Nintendo Switch version will include a new Battle Mode (yay!), 24 extra tracks, and 10 new characters. It’s unclear if Mario Kart 8’s various DLC packs are included with this extra content, but we really hope that we are getting new tracks and characters that aren’t available on the Wii U version already.
Nintendo is also apparently going to put out Switch versions of Splatoon and Super Smash Bros., and if they follow Mario Kart 8’s example, it’s safe to assume we’ll see additional content added to those titles as well.
The Nintendo Switch will be released in March, although an exact date hasn’t yet been confirmed.
(Source: Rectify Gaming)
- Nintendo Announces New ‘Mario Kart’ Game For Mobile
- Nintendo To Support The Switch For More Than 5-6 Years
- Nintendo’s First Mobile Racer is “Mario Kart Tour”
- Nintendo: ‘Super Mario Kart’ Was Originally An ‘F-Zero’ Multiplayer Mode
- Super Mario Odyssey Was Amazon’s Best Selling Game Of 2017