Epic Games is truly trying to innovate the gaming industry and they are doing a dam good job at it. If you haven’t heard yet, this past weekend Fortnite and iconic and super popular DJ Marshmello partnered up to create history.
At 2 PM EST, DJ Mashmello held a concert at Pleasant Park, an in-game location in Fortnite. Players were treated to about 10 minutes of music, giving them a snippet of how a real concert feels. I attended the show and from what I saw, it was revolutionary!
There Marshmello was in the front, dj-ing to a crowd of about 60 Fortnite players per lobby, and I couldn’t help how crazy it was. It surely had a futuristic look and feel to it. Fortnite has stated that over 10 million users watched the concert across all platforms — PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch. If you missed the concert, no worries, as a new full video showcases the whole show.
Check out the full Marshmello concert in Fortnite, down below:
Epic Games have been nothing but amazing since the launch of Fortnite. With the announcement of their new store which gives developers more money from sale revenues to the futuristic concert in Fortnite, I can only sit and wait to see what else they manage to do in the future!
Fortnite Battle Royale is now available to download for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Did you manage to see the Marshmello concert live in Fortnite? Let us know in the comments below!
- Marshmello concert lights up Fortnite’s Pleasant Park
- Marshmello’s Fortnite concert was the biggest ever, with 10 million reported players
- Fortnite’s E3 Pro-Am Tournament Breaks Twitch’s Concurrent Viewer Record; 1.5 Million Concurrent Viewers
- Fortnite’s latest weapon is…just a bunch of fireworks
- Official Weezer ‘Theme Park’ Debuts in ‘Fortnite’ Creative Mode