With all of the collectibles and side missions scattered around its virtual Manhattan, there are a lot of activities for players to do once they finish the main story in Marvel’s Spider-Man. That being said, it’s a bit of a shame that you can’t use some of the best skills and suits found in the PS4 game in early parts of the story, as most of that stuff is unlocked much too late. Fortunately, it looks like developer Insomniac Games is working on a solution.
The studio revealed the news during a conversation with a fan over Twitter Monday. When asked whether Spider-Man will be getting a New Game Plus mode similar to the ones found in other recent Sony first-party titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, the official Insomniac Games account responded: “yes working on it now and polishing it up!”
yes working on it now and polishing it up!
— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) September 10, 2018
With more and more single-player games releasing New Game Plus modes, it should come as little surprise that Insomniac is looking to do the same with Spider-Man. Of course, we don’t have any details on features or a release date yet, but we’re going to assume that you’ll get to carry over all of the skills, items, and experience. We’d also expect a higher difficulty level in order to put your web-slinging skills to the ultimate test.
- Insomniac Games Currently Working On New Game Plus Mode For Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- Insomniac Games Showcase Photo Mode for Spider-Man; Will Be Available in Day One Update for Free
- Insomniac Games Adds “Sam Raimi Suit” to Marvel’s Spider-Man for Free
- Insomniac’s Spider-Man Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K