To the surprise of many, Overwatch has dropped a new hero, a tank named Orisa. Weilding a “fusion driver” — a fancy term for a projectile machine gun — Orisa is now Overwatch’s 24th hero and the third one to be released post-launch.
In an accompanying video, Blizzard’s Jeff Caplan notes that her weapon has more range than any other tank’s and that the character is playable right now on the game’s PTR. It’s unclear when the character will be added to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
In Overwatch’s lore, Orisa is a robot created by an 11-year-old genius named Efi Oladele. In battle, Orisa is described as being the “central anchor of her team,” who uses a protective barrier to shield her team. Her “fortify” ability allows her to reduce incoming damage, while her protective barrier can shield allies, not unlike Zarya’s barrier ability. She also has a “Halt!” move that allows her to pull enemies from around corners or slow them down. Her ultimate ability is called the supercharger and it provides a big damage boost to allies in her line of sight.
Here’s another video that details her origin story:
- Overwatch’s Latest Hero Brigitte is Now Live on All Platforms
- Overwatch Update 2.23 Adds New Support Hero Moira; Numerous Bug Fixes and Hero Tweaks
- ARK Update 1.44 Adds Tek Weaponry, Structure, Armor and Fixes Numerous Issues
- Overwatch Update 2.31 Performs Minor Hero Changes and
- Overwatch Latest PTR Update Adds New Escort Map; Performs Several Hero Adjustments, Adds New Abilities to Hanzo