The ESRB gave the Metal Gear-based multiplayer title a Mature rating, but the description hinted towards an unannounced enemy type, “crystalline alien creatures.”
This is an action game in which players help a soldier find a way home after being transported through an alternate dimension. Players undertake missions to explore a hostile world, looking for resources to craft weapons/equipment and rescue other survivors. Along the way, players use pistols, machine guns, automated turrets, traps, and explosives to battle crystalline alien creatures and infected soldiers in frenetic firefights. Realistic gunfire, large explosives, and screams of pain are heard during combat. Large blood-splatter effects are depicted when characters are injured/killed; some environments depict large pools of blood underneath corpses. The word “sh*t” appears in the dialogue.
Metal Gear Survive releases on February 20 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Will Be Getting A PS4 Pro Upgrade
- Metal Gear Survive Open Beta Available Now On Xbox One
- Daily Deal: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Is Only 4.99 On Humble
- Konami: Metal Gear Survive Is Not A Dating Service
- Metal Gear Survive Producer Confirms No Lootboxes And Pay To Win Microtransactions