Last week we announced that Epic Games: Fortnite Battle Royale was set to get a mobile release on iOS devices as well as crossplay functionality between PS4, PC and the mobile platforms. Xbox One will be seeing the same treatment – however, there will be no cross-play between PS4 and Xbox One.
on Sunday evening, an Xbox Box One player sent out a tweet to Phil Spencer, stating that he’d really want to play with his friends who own PS4 consoles, Spencer had a response that left no doubt as to his intentions and wrote: “Me 2.” A couple of hours later, the official account for Fortnite also joined in the discussion, with an equally clear message: “We 3!”
Last year Psyonix announced cross-play between Switch, mobile devices and PS4 and Xbox One – once again, there was no cross-play between the two rival consoles. During those events, Phil Spencer was pushing for PS4 / Xbox One, cross-play but Sony was rigid – this means that I doubt they’ll want to change their mind with Battle Royale.
Fortnite Battle Royale is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Xbox One Fortnite: Battle Royale Will Support Cross-Play Between PC, Mac, iOS and Android
- Epic Games To Add Remote Charges To Fortnite
- Fortnite Announces Battle Royale For Mobile; Signups Start Next Week
- Fortnite iOS is Now Open To All Users
- Fortnite Battle Royale iOS Sign-Ups Now Open; Here is How to Get Invited