Despite the controversy surrounding Middle Earth: Shadow Of War loot box implementation, along with the whole DLC issue, Monolith managed to move 400,00 copies.
When it comes to physical sales, according to GFK Chart tracking, the title comes in second just before EA Game’s massive football franchise FIFA 18.
Overall it seems that the Shadow of War’s launch has been pretty well – but it remains to be seen just how long the game will manage to keep its spot on GFK.
‘Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth.
In Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™, nothing will be forgotten.’
Interested in picking up the title? We recently did a Before You Buy, analyzing the game’s strengths and weaknesses, check it out below:
- Daily Deal: Shadow of War Is Only $29.99 On Best Buy
- Optional Middle Earth: Shadow Of War 4K Cinematic Packs Are Available For Download
- Shadow of War Gets Xbox One X Patch Today
- Target Leaks Details For ‘Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor’ Sequel
- Shadow of War To Remove All Microtransactions