Insomniac’s PS4-exclusive, Spider-Man, is trying to deliver the most authentic experience while borrowing elements from the series’ comic-books. This is why the studio gave Miles Morales a bigger role than expected.
Creative Director Bryan Intihar was recently featured in an interview in GamesTM’s magazine issue #195, where he discussed how Morles’ role grew throughout development, the different perspective he brings to the story and expressed his excitement towards fans’ reaction on how they delivered his character.
Miles didn’t start out with as big of a role as he has now. But as we started doing more research on the character, I went back and just started reading more and more and more. I’ll be honest, I just fell in love with the character. Just like MJ can provide a different perspective on the world, I thought Miles and his relationship to Peter brings something different.
Miles is younger than Peter, and what they experience, and how they get into each other’s live is pretty unique. I said off the bat that we wanted to make a unique Spider-Man universe, one that obviously takes cues from the comics and movies, but also does something unique and different…I’m pretty excited about him and where we take him. It’s going to be something. It’s going to surprise people.
Spider-Man releases exclusively for PS4 in the first half of 2018.
- Spider-Man PS4 Lets You Play As Mary Jane
- Ubisoft Made Sure They “Respected The Architecture” in AC: Origins; Tried to Stay Far Away from “”Floating Collectibles”
- Lots Of Spiderman Play Testing Went Down This Weekend
- There Is No PUBG Single Player Campaign Planned Right Now
- Superbeat Xonic Nintendo Switch First Impressions: An Ideal Platform for a Rhythmic Game