Monolith Soft has been around since the early 2000s and while it’s released a number of RPG titles, you’re likely more familiar with their recent IP release the Xenoblade Chronicles. Now that the studio is owned by Nintendo, it wouldn’t be too surprising to see the company hand over some of the more high profile IPs thanks to the studio’s success these past few title releases. It looks like the studio is actually in the works with something related to The Legend of Zelda.
There’s, unfortunately, nothing really to report on in terms of the actual game. Instead, what has been reported on is that Monolith Soft has tweeted out a notice that the studio is hiring for a project dealing with The Legend of Zelda franchise. Currently, the studio is looking for a wide range of employees including programmers, designers, and technical artists. This looks to be very early into development so we likely won’t actually find out just what this game will be about for a while.
The Legend of Zelda has had a few spin-offs and now we’re getting close to receiving the remake for The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. Could this potentially be a brand new entry to the franchise, a spinoff or a remake? Only time will tell but for now, we’ll have to wait and see if Nintendo makes an official announcement on the matter during this year’s E3 Nintendo Direct.
- New Zelda Ocarina of Time Fan Remake Is Unbelievable
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remaster Announced for Nintendo Switch, Set to Release 2019
- Nintendo Unveils The Legend Of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Gamescom 2019 Footage
- New Switch Zelda Game Coming in 2019? Would You Buy A Remake?
- Nintendo Reveals Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel Currently In Development