Mortal Kombat 11 is coming. Series head Ed Boon game out to present the award for best sports or racing game – except, nah, he didn’t. Once he tossed to the nominees, we got a Mortal Kombat logo, and a CG trailer showcased some some familiar faces doing battle. Scorpion dies, then another, more classic-style Scorpion appears in his place.
We’ll find out more at a community event on January 17, and the game is scheduled to release worldwide on April 23. Until then, we’ll just have to interpret this trailer – based on what we’ve seen so far, it seems like MK11 will be a fighting game with a big emphasis on violence. Oh, and Boon did eventually present the award.
The Game Awards is an annual show hosted by Geoff Keighley that celebrates the best and brightest in the gaming year, and provides plenty of fresh announcements, trailers, and worldwide debuts for upcoming PC games. You can catch the show in progress on YouTube and Twitch, or whatever your media streaming platform of choice happens to be. Of course, you can also stick with us for more details on all the announcements as they happen.
Check out the trailer below.
This story is still developing. Keep checking back for more details as they come in during our coverage of The Game Awards.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Director Reveals Cover Art, Features Iconic Character Scorpion
- Anthem’s Game Awards trailer doubles down on story and reveals the villain
- Psychonauts 2 launches in 2019 – here’s the first trailer
- Rumor: Spawn Will Be Present In Mortal Kombat 11
- Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds might just be the New Vegas follow-up you’ve wanted