The original NBA Playgrounds released back in May 2017, and its fun gameplay and cartoonish characters made up for its shortcomings, clarified more clearly in our impressions piece.
Saber Interactive planned to iron out the rough edges and make up for the shortcomings of the first title in NBA Playgrounds 2, planned for release on May 22nd. However, the team suddenly announced the game’s delay, without providing an estimate for when to expect the game’s release.
We’ve got some news to share, but we want to start by saying ‘good things come to those who wait.’ There are exciting things brewing with the NBA Playgrounds franchise that we think will take arcade basketball to new levels.
We can’t tell you everything now, but we can tell you that this means our launch date of May 22nd will be moved out. Please be patient with us, we promise that NBA Playgrounds 2 will be better than ever. We’ll have more details to share soon.
In July 2017, NBA Playgrounds hit half a million units sold milestone.
- 2K Announces They will Publish NBA Playgrounds 2; Studio Believes in Arcade Sports Titles
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Release Date Announced With New Trailer
- Metal Gear Survive Allegedly Sold 103,651 Units First Week at Retail
- PS4 Has Sold A Total of 6 Million Units In Japan
- Death by basketball: the ultimate disgrace in Call of Duty’s Blackout mode