Ghost Games’ latest addition to the massively successful racing franchise, Need for Speed Payback, recently received a progression update, changing the amount of rewards obtained from some events to make unlocking cars and the overall game “a much more enjoyable experience.”
The developer went to Need for Speed’s community on Reddit and explained why the recent changes were made. The studio made sure to listen to community feedback and study their own game’s statistical data before taking these decisions. The progression update’s highlights include increased amounts of REP and Bank awarded from participating in various events, bait crates, Roaming Racer and slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
We’ve been using Community feedback, along with our own in-game data and have come up with a number of changes, many of which are in the process of going live. Our aim with these changes is to make the progression, especially around the ownership of cars a much more enjoyable experience.
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
Today’s changes are just phase one and we have further tweaks coming. Coming shortly will be some changes to the way tune-up shops work, especially around the quality / level of parts they stock. More on that soon.
It is worth noting that we do encourage you to recycle your speed cards for tokens. Targeted rolls are a very good alternative to tune-up shops. Definitely worth buying out the parts from the tune-up shop and recycling them.
What do you think of the changes made by Ghost Games?
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront 2’ Team Promise To “Fix” Terrible Progression System
- Rocket League Update v1.56 Brings Xbox One X Enhancements, New Cars, and More; Full Patch Notes Detailed
- EA Redesign’s Star Wars Battlefront II’s Progression System
- Ghost Recon Wildlands Set To Receive Cosmetic Lootboxes
- Need for Speed Payback Update 1.08 Adds New Events, Three New Cars and Fixes Numerous Issues