During Blizzcon, Blizzard announced the latest character to join the already-packed ensemble of characters to play as; this time around players are introduced to the leader of the Deadlock Gang — Ashe.
The introduction to the new character comes from the new animated Overwatch short “Reunion”. I said it once, and I’ll say it a thousand more times, someone needs to make an animated tv series of Overwatch because this is just too good. The Reunion short focuses around Jessi McCree and his long-entangled past with Ashe.
The short is super fun to watch and concerningly too good. The animation is on point, the story is told well within a short time-frame, and the tie-ins into the game are incredible. If your an Overwatch fan or a newcomer altogether, make sure to check out the new short down below:
Blizzard didn’t just stop there though, now with the proper introduction in place for Ashe, the developer released a new video showcasing her in action. It seems she will be a damage-dealing hero that could both do damage up close and from far away.
Check out Ashe in action down below:
No expected release date for Ashe has yet been detailed, however, stay tuned to Gameranx as we will update as soon as we hear any more details on the new character.
Overwatch is now available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Blizzard Release New Overwatch Short Story, Confirms Soldier 76 as LGBTQ Character
- Overwatch hero 29 is Ashe
- Overwatch’s designers worked backwards from the animated short to create Ashe and BOB
- Overwatch has six new heroes in development, and one might be Echo
- Here are Ashe’s abilities in Overwatch – her ult adds a seventh hero to your team