Earlier in March, Sega announced an upcoming Sonic racing game is coming to consoles and PC, but little details were shared other than the usual announcement trailer.
Luckily, an insider working at Wal-Mart managed to leak the game’s description, Nintendo Switch box art and a number of the game’s main features. Players will team up with their friends and get to race as their favourite Sonic characters from the blue hedgehog’s universe. The leaked information included descriptions for the Wisps, which act as power-ups to help players beat their opposition, and an Adventure mode where players will experience a unique story introducing them to the game’s characters and main features.
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.
Check out the leaked images, via @SonicParadise.
- Top Sonic Games
- Strategic Tabletop Game ‘Sonic the Hedgehog: Battle Racers’ Announced
- Sonic Mania Plus Release Date Revealed
- Sonic Mania Sells Over 1M Copies
- Target Assault Mode Tearing Down GTA Online’s Roads