Five-time NBA All-Star and Oklahoma City Thunder small forward Paul George has collaborated with designers from Nike and PlayStation to create a new breed of sneaker inspired by the DualShock 4 controller.
On the PlayStation Blog, George reveals both his allegiance to PlayStation 2, a “knack” for mastering video games as a kid, and time spent sketching his ideal Nike shoe. The stars align in the Nike PG-2 “PlayStation” Colorway, which was formulated as a way to honour George’s game “both on and off the court”. It features a led light powered design that illuminates blue light from the tongues, which are emblazoned with PG and PlayStation logos. A galaxy themed midsole adds cosmic flair, while the laces feed into iconic coloured eyelets that pay homage to the DualShock’s action buttons. Taking care to cover all angles, Nike and PlayStation also include the PG Dynamic Theme (PlayStation and PG logos) reflected in the sock liner.
Last but not least, there’s a unique barcode attached to the left sneaker’s back heel which you can redeem on the PlayStation Store for a Paul George dynamic theme. Players can enjoy this stellar feat worldwide from February 18. For more information, check out the Nike SNKRS app.
- Free Shadow Of The Colossus PS4 Theme Releases
- Take A Trip Down Memory Lane With This PS2 Theme For Your PS4
- Daily Deal: Get A New PS4 Controller For $32.50 From eBay
- Top PlayStation Downloads for the Month of October 2018 Detailed; Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Ranks High
- PlayStation Blog Details the Most Downloaded Games of September, 2018; Marvel’s Spider-Man Takes the Number One Spot