Alongside the SNES Classic Edition, Nintendo will be releasing another Super Nintendo throwback this fall in the form of a new SNES-themed 3DS XL model … but in Europe only.
Nintendo UK unveiled the new handheld at Gamescom this morning, noting that it will launch on October 13. A special Super Famicom edition 3DS XL hit store shelves in Japan last year, but Nintendo has not confirmed whether this new 3DS will be coming to North America.
— Nintendo UK (@NintendoUK) August 22, 2017
In fact, North Americans are going to have trouble getting their hands on either of Nintendo’s SNES-themed products this fall. This morning, pre-orders for the SNES Classic Edition — which goes on sale September 29 — went live on Best Buy’s website and sold out within minutes.
Nintendo made assurances when it announced the SNES Classic back in June that they would be increasing production in an effort to meet demand following the NES Classic debacle from last year, but it looks like it’s still going to be a struggle for many to get their hands on one.
- Nintendo Finally Reports SNES Classic Edition Sales Figures
- Nintendo Is Bringing Back The NES Classic In 2018
- The SNES Classic Will Fix One Of The NES Classic’s Biggest Design Flaws
- SNES Classic Edition is Selling Like Hotcakes
- Nintendo Trademark Filing Suggests ‘N64 Classic’ Is Coming