If you are a resident in Japan, Nintendo has made an alteration to their console-selling business model. Gamers interested in picking up a Switch console at a little bit of a cheaper price can grab a Nintendo Switch without the docking station. The package will only come with the console, Joy-Con controllers, and Joy-Con wrist straps. It does not include the dock, Joy-Con grip, AC adapter, or HDMI cable.
This new option is priced at 24,980 yen. That’s in comparison to the primary Switch package, priced at 29,980 yen. The official store page for this new Switch option can be found here. You won’t be able to access it if you’re not from Japan, however.
In other Switch news, Resident Evil 7 for the Switch is set to run entirely on the cloud. Read more, here.
‘It looks like the Nintendo Switch version of Capcom’s latest horror title, Resident Evil 7 is going to be a little bit different than the other consoles. On May 24th Nintendo owners will take on the Baker family through a cloud version of the game. GamesIndustry.biz reports that the game will use the Ubitas cloud service to deliver the game and will require a constant internet connection in order to play. Nintendo stresses that the connection should be stable.’
- Resident Evil 7 On Nintendo Switch Operates Via Cloud
- Three Iconic Resident Evil Video Games Heading To Nintendo Switch In 2019
- Capcom requires high-speed streaming to play Resident Evil 7 on Switch
- Capcom Voices Commitment To Developing Switch Games
- No Physical Release For Switch Resident Evil Revelations In Europe