Nintendo Switch news continues to trickle out in the lead-up to the console’s worldwide release on March 3rd, with Nintendo now providing a closer look at the hybrid console’s Home menu UI and other features.
The Nintendo UK website has listed a “Specifications” section, which runs through the various ports and features of the hardware, although there’s still no new information regarding the system’s internal CPU/GPU.
Also included is a short rundown of the Switch’s Home menu, which will include News, eShop, and Album tabs (see below):
The other image, shown at the top of the page, shows the Switch UI in handheld mode and points to features such as easy account switching, Joy-Con settings, and a tile-based menu reminiscent of the PS4.
A few other details that have also been confirmed include that it will take three hours to fully charge the console while in sleep mode, and that support for SDXC memory cards — the only way to expand the console’s 32GB storage space — will be added via an internet update. Apparently, the Switch’s maximum resolution will be 1920×1080 at 60 frames per second in TV mode.
We’ll have more details on the Nintendo Switch as they are revealed.
(Source: Nintendo UK)
- The Nintendo Switch Will NOT Have Virtual Console At Launch
- ‘Mario Kart 8’ Reportedly Coming To Nintendo Switch With Tons Of New Content
- Virtuos Will Bring Dark Souls Remastered To The Switch
- Nintendo Finally Announces Details & Price of Online Service, Will Launch in 2018
- Capcom Voices Commitment To Developing Switch Games