Nintendo has just confirmed that its upcoming Nintendo Switch Online service will be launching next Tuesday, September 18, and will be arriving with a 7-day free trial from the Nintendo eShop.
Announced via Nintendo’s Twitter account, the Japanese company confirmed that its paid Nintendo Switch Online Service will be launching next week. We can expect more information on the service during today’s Nintendo Direct that will focus on upcoming Switch and 3DS titles.
#NintendoSwitchOnline memberships will start on 9/18. You can sign-up for a 7-day free trial from Nintendo #eShop at launch! We will introduce more information during the Nintendo Direct on 9/13.https://t.co/74Hzxk9spt pic.twitter.com/EJVFJH6F4I
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) September 12, 2018
What are your thoughts on Nintendo charging an online service that was once free? Is Nintendo providing enough to justify the $20/year price?
- No more free rides: Paid Switch Online service launches on Sept. 18
- Nintendo Direct Airs Tomorrow; Showcases New Nintendo Releases
- Nintendo Switch Online Subscriptions Pre-Purchase Out Now
- Only Switch Content To Be Showcased During This Year’s E3
- Nintendo Reveals New NES Titles For Nintendo Switch Online Service