With the Nintendo Direct event happening last night, Nintendo teased a highly a new update for Splatoon 2 which is set to introduce a host of new content and features to the shooter. Players can expect Update 3.0 to arrive in April and will bring three new maps – Piranha Pit and Camp Triggerfish from Splatoon 1 and the new Wahoo World.
3.30 is also set to introduce 100 new pieces of gear to collect, Rank X, which is a higher ranked mode than S+, two new songs for multiplayer and you’ll see the appearance of Callie in Octo Canyon with Marie if certain conditions are met.
Splatoon 2 is also set to receive a paid expansion for $20.00, Octo Expansion will be out this summer and brings a new story mode focused on amnesiac Octoling Agent 8 with 80 new missions.
‘Two years have passed since the original Splatoon™ game was released, and two years have also passed in Inkopolis! So expect a fresh wave of fashion, not to mention new weapons and gear. Dual wield the new Splat Dualies or stick to mainstays like chargers and rollers, which have been remixed with new strategic possibilities. As always, Turf War is the favored sport among Inklings, but they also dig ranked battles, taking down Octarians in a robust single-player campaign, and battling enemy Salmonids in one dangerous part-time job! No matter which way you play, splat at home or on-the-go with Nintendo Switch. Staying fresh never felt so good.’
Splatoon 2 is out now for Switch.
- Splatoon 2 Is The First Nintendo Game To Hit 2 Million Retail Sales In Japan
- Splatoon 2 Holiday Update Content Revealed; Four New Battle Stages, More Than 140 New Gear Pieces and Much More
- Nintendo Switch: New Specs And UI Details Revealed
- Nintendo Reveals Plans For E3 2017
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War Expansion Content Detailed; Four Major Expansions Planned