Nintendo plans to increase Switch production in order to help meet demand, according to sources speaking to The Wall Street Journal. The company now plans to manufacture at least 16 million consoles over the fiscal year starting April 1, effectively doubling their initial plan.
Nintendo released the Switch worldwide on March 3 and saw record-breaking sales across the Americas, Europe, and Australia, where the console sold more in its launch weekend than any other Nintendo hardware in history.
While no official sales figures have been released, estimates suggest the Switch sold close to 1.5 million units in its first week alone.
For more on the Nintendo Switch, check out our guide of the Switch features you might not be aware of and our wishlist for features that need to be added to the console.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Don’t Expect A Nintendo Switch Hardware Upgrade Anytime Soon
- The Switch Has Given Nintendo Its Most Successful Launch Ever
- Switch Becomes Fastest Selling Console Of All Time
- The Nintendo Switch Hits Another Major Sales Milestone
- Nintendo Switch Becomes Fastest Selling Console In France