If fans of the Tomb Raider series were hoping for an iconic return of the dual pistols in the upcoming, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, we have some bad news: Director Dan Bisson has confirmed that she’ll still be making use of the bow and arrow over a double pistol combo.
Speaking to Sirus Gaming the director confirmed the news:
“No. I don’t want that. For us this is her defining moment,” he told the magazine. “We’re not going to put her in shorts with double-pistols, wearing a bikini; that’s not what this is.” Bisson went further, adding: “For this triolgy – not saying anything about later on, I don’t know about the future titles – but for this trilogy, the bow is still her signature weapon.”
I think it’s a good idea that the devs shy away from Lara’s original outfitting. It’s better to conclude a movement before starting a new one. Thoughts? Let us know down in the comments below.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is set to release on PS4, PC and Xbox One, 14 September 2018.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Dev: This Is “The Most Difficult Tomb Raider of All the Tomb Raiders”
- Square Enix Officially Announces ‘Shadow Of The Tomb Raider’
- Square Enix Tantalises Tomb Raider Fans With Suspiciously Worded Post
- Lara Croft Barbie Doll Launching Alongside Tomb Raider Film
- Remastered Tomb Raider Trilogy Bringing Twin Pistols to Steam