As you might recall, when Rocket League announced cross-play last year, Sony was adamant about not supporting cross-play between rival console – and when Fortnite cross-play was revealed earlier this year, Sony maintained it’s stance. Now with the announcement of Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, some hopeful fanboys have been hoping that just maybe Sony would feel a little generous to Nintendo Switch owners.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. When a gamer asked Nick Chester from Epic Games on Twitter if it supported crossplay as well, and if so which formats it was possible to play against. Chester replied:
“Xbox One, PC, Mac, and mobile.”
This becomes a little bit of a hassle as owners of multiple platforms won’t be able to continue their progress from PS4 to other platforms, forcing them to use a different acount.
Fortunately, there is full crossplay between PC, smartphones, Switch and Xbox One
- Fortnite Nintendo Switch Lands 2 Million Downloads In A Day
- Xbox One Fortnite: Battle Royale Will Support Cross-Play Between PC, Mac, iOS and Android
- Sony is blocking Fortnite cross-play because PS4 “is the best place to play”
- Microsoft And Epic Games Push PS4 and Xbox One Crossplay With Fortnite Battle Royale
- Sony Offers Terrible Response To ‘Fortnite’ Cross-Play Controversy