With Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil Revelations 2 right around the corner, those looking to pick up the physical versions of the title will be disappointed if they reside in Europe.
Publisher Capcom has told Gamespot that a physical release for the survival horror title would not be viable.
“Capcom has to take various factors into account when deciding what format to deliver our titles to our fans,” reads a statement from the publisher. “These can include but are not limited to overall production costs, manufacturing times, distribution, and first party regulations. In the case of Resident Evil Revelations, we’ve found that unfortunately it’s not viable for Capcom Europe to create a physical version of the title on Nintendo Switch for our territories, however we will be making this available as a digital release.”
Even those in the North America region will not get the full two games on the cartridge, instead, you’ll have to download Revelations 2 separately. That physical release costs $40 in the US.
This seems to be the trend with Switch games now, perhaps the price to produce those cartridges are more expensive than publishers had anticipated – warranting more focus on digital downloads for the Switch.
Thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.
- Three Iconic Resident Evil Video Games Heading To Nintendo Switch In 2019
- Capcom Requests Fan Permission For Resident Evil 3 Remake
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- Resident Evil 2 Will Have Plenty of Secrets & Easter Eggs
- Live-Action Resident Evil 2 Trailer Showcases Leon and Claire in Raccoon City