Resistance was a massively successful franchise back in the PS3 hey-days, it boasted an exciting splitscreen experience, immersive story and epic alien warfare gameplay. Unfortunately, the franchise lived and died on Sony’s previous generation console – and it seems like it’s going to stay that way for quite some time.
In a recent thread on ResetEra, community manager James Stevenson was asked about the future of the franchise, and so far, it looks like Resistance is resisting.
“Nothing I’m aware of – as many of you know we don’t usually do any ports in-house, so if that was going to happen, it’d be up to PlayStation, but we’d love to see it. We hear from folks all the time who want to play those games again. We don’t have any plans for more Resistance at this time, but we always say: never say never. It’s also worth noting that PlayStation owns that IP,” he said.
Thoughts on this? Perhaps Sony will reignite the franchise if there is enough demand. That being said there are loads of other games that Sony may be better off breathing life back into.
- PS Plus Members Get A Discount on Spotify
- SIE CEO Comments On A PlayStation Classic Release
- Ubisoft’s Chief Creative Officer Talks Splinter Cell Future
- Sony Has No Plans To Release A Nintendo Switch-Like PlayStation Console
- Fortnite On PS4 Is Finally Getting Cross-Play Functionality