So you might have heard of a whimsical action adventure game with ample seafaring that released around three years ago. If you didn’t, and you’re a Legend of Zelda fan, then you owe it to yourself to check out Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted seas at some point in your lifetime (you won’t meet a terrible fate if you don’t). The mechanics, visuals, and exemplary audio are all very reminiscent of Nintendo’s long-running franchise, with one major difference: developer Cornfox & Bros. brought it out for PC. A pocket edition followed on iOS, and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players got their turn some months later. PlayStation 4 and PS Vita owners were lucky enough to recieve a physical option.
The Nintendo Switch e-Shop finally made way for Monster of Uncharted Seas last year, but a recent tweet from FDG Entertainment suggests that may not be the end of the road yet.
The publisher accompanied a screenshot of Oceanhorn‘s PlayStation 4 and PS Vita physical editions with the words “something is missing” and “maybe some red”, which of course refers to one of the colours associated with Nintendo Switch. No further information was provided, but this hint is worth a million confirmations.
Last month, Cornfox & Bros. teased some more footage for Oceanhorn’s sequel, Knights of the Lost Realm. You can take a look here.
- Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm Trailer Debuted at GDC
- Sony Has No Plans For PlayStation Vita Successor
- NINTENDO: Switch Players Won’t Be Getting 64GB Game Cards Till 2019
- Undertale Collector Edition Announced; Pre-Orders Now Available on Fangamer
- Sony Has No Plans To Release A Nintendo Switch-Like PlayStation Console