Oculus is looking to get more units of their Oculus Rift VR headset into the hands of PC gamers. If you still have yet to give VR a chance or even a try for that matter then you may be interested in this latest discount. Currently, gamers can purchase the Oculus Rift with the Touch Controls for only $379.99. This will mark as the lowest price Oculus has set the VR headset bundle to date.
For those who may recall, Oculus first sent out the Oculus Rift VR headset with their own custom controller along with a standard Microsoft Xbox One and Windows 10 PC adapter, but that has since changed.
Currently, Oculus has bundled the Oculus Rift VR headset with their Touch controllers. These are two motion controllers work out perfectly when interacting with the in-game worlds. Alongside the Touch controllers, gamers will receive the necessary cords along with two sensors that will track the headset along with the Touch controllers.
$379 may be a bit of a hefty price to throw down for VR but it’s well worth noting that the bundle will include a few redeemable video game apps. You’ll find access to Lucky’s Tale, Medium, Toybox, Quill, Dead and Buried, Dragon Front, and lastly, Robo Recall.
Outside of the price point, gamers will need to make sure that their PC build meets the necessary requirements to enjoy VR gameplay. We’ve included the notable PC components required for both minimum specs along with the recommended specs to run the Oculus Rift.
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050TI or AMD Radeon RX 470
- CPU: Intel i3-6100 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8GB
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480
- CPU: Intel i5-4590 OR AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Memory: 8GB
- Oculus reveals its next big VR trick: Wider-FOV lenses that automatically move
- Oculus Go review: The wireless-VR future begins today for only $199
- Sony Introduces New PlayStation VR Headset
- Xbox Scorpio: Everything We Know So Far About Microsoft’s Powerful New Console
- State of Decay 2 PC Requirements Revealed