Oculus is looking to get more units of their Oculus Rift VR headset into the hands of PC gamers. If you still have yet to give VR a chance or even a try for that matter then you may be interested in this latest discount. Currently, gamers can purchase the Oculus Rift with the Touch Controls for only $379.99. This will mark as the lowest price Oculus has set the VR headset bundle to date.
For those who may recall, Oculus first sent out the Oculus Rift VR headset with their own custom controller along with a standard Microsoft Xbox One and Windows 10 PC adapter, but that has since changed.
Currently, Oculus has bundled the Oculus Rift VR headset with their Touch controllers. These are two motion controllers work out perfectly when interacting with the in-game worlds. Alongside the Touch controllers, gamers will receive the necessary cords along with two sensors that will track the headset along with the Touch controllers.
$379 may be a bit of a hefty price to throw down for VR but it’s well worth noting that the bundle will include a few redeemable video game apps. You’ll find access to Lucky’s Tale, Medium, Toybox, Quill, Dead and Buried, Dragon Front, and lastly, Robo Recall.
Outside of the price point, gamers will need to make sure that their PC build meets the necessary requirements to enjoy VR gameplay. We’ve included the notable PC components required for both minimum specs along with the recommended specs to run the Oculus Rift.
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050TI or AMD Radeon RX 470
- CPU: Intel i3-6100 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8GB
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480
- CPU: Intel i5-4590 OR AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Memory: 8GB
- Oculus Quest, a fully wireless VR headset, shipping spring 2019 for $399
- Oculus Quest VR headset coming Spring 2019 for $399 – but it isn’t for PC gamers
- Oculus Rift Co-Founder Leaves Facebook After Supposed Rift 2 Cancellation
- Oculus moves away from PC VR with the Quest, but “would not rule out” a Rift Pro
- Next-gen Oculus Rift 2 VR headset has reportedly been cancelled