Sony has announced which games PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download for free in October 2017, with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain headlining the list.
Here is the full list, via the PlayStation Blog:
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
- Amnesia Collection (PS4)
- Monster Jam Battlegrounds (PS3)
- Hustle Kings (PS3)
- Hue (PS Vita and PS4)
- Sky Force Anniversary (PS Vita, PS4, and PS3)
All respect to the other games on this list, but The Phantom Pain is easily the highlight. Released in 2015, MGSV is easily one of the best games available on the PlayStation 4 and one you should definitely check out even if you haven’t played prior games in the series.
As the title implies, Amnesia Collection brings together three games set in the first-person horror Amnesia franchise: The Dark Descent, A Machine for Pigs, and Justine. I haven’t played them myself, but I hear good things.
Monster Jam Battlegrounds is an arena-style game featuring monster trucks, Hustle Kings is a pool game, and Hue is a puzzle game that was originally supposed to be free in September before Sony revised their lineup. As for Sky Force Anniversary, it’s an updated version of the arcade classic featuring new controls and an upgrade system.
All in all, this is a very good PS Plus lineup but to be honest, Sony could have just included The Phantom Pain and it would still be worth it.
Source: PlayStation Blog
- PS Plus November Games Revealed
- October 2017 PS Plus Games Officially Unlocked
- Daily Deal: Get A 1 Year PS Plus Membership For 40$ At Gamestop/Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid V PS4 Pro Update Ups Resolution
- May’s Games With Gold Lineup Announced