The Chinese New Year is upon us, and some developers and publishers released themed updates or kicked off in-game events with rewards for players to pick. Ghost Town Games’ multiplayer cooking sensation, Overcooked 2, got a Chinese New Year DLC.
The DLC added tons of new content for players to sink their teeth into. The DLC adds seven new kitchens for players to let out all their culinary abilities, all themed around the Chinese New Year festivities. In addition to that, you can now enjoy making a traditional Chinese New Year dish, the fruit platter. Here are the patch notes, alongside new chefs, new mechanics, and more coming to the game.
Chinese New Year DLC Key Features
- New kitchens! Experience seven new kitchens, beautifully themed for Chinese New Year. New kitchens mean new hazards and so watch out for the dancing dragon who has mistaken your kitchen for a parade route!
- New recipes! The simple yet delicious fruit platter is a traditional Chinese New Year dish that signifies fullness and wealth. Hot pot is a great dish to make with friends and family so chop some bok choi, prawns, and meat and get cooking. Just don’t forget the noodles!
- New mechanic! The Chinese New Year update sees the introduction of a new piece of cooking equipment: woks. Used for cooking hot pot, you must make sure that it remains bubbling by keeping the wok over the lit fire.
- New chefs! The Chinese dragon is ready to take the heat of the kitchen fires and the pig may be the 12th sign of the Chinese zodiac but is ready to be first in line for kitchen duties.
Overcooked 2 released on August 7th last year on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Make sure to check out the Chinese New Year update trailer below.
[Source: press release]
- PlayStation Plus Free Games for May Includes the Excellent What Remains of Edith Finch and the Extremely Fun Co-op Title Overcooked
- Free games: Grab a free copy of Super Meat Boy from the Epic Store
- You can get a robot chicken in World of Warcraft this weekend
- Sea of Thieves Anniversary achievements want you to get sick from undercooked food
- Meat Fortress is Team Fortress 2 VR but with sausages