Overkill’s The Walking Dead is coming to PC in less than two months, but you don’t even have to wait until November to play it. There’s a beta coming next month, giving you a taste of what to expect from the oncoming hordes in October.
The beta will offer guaranteed access for pre-orders. No word yet on whether there’ll be another way in, though the developers say more details will be coming closer closer to the beta’s October 9 launch. They do make clear that this beta is a closed one, and while they don’t completely rule out an open beta, it certainly sounds the October preview is the only bit of early access.
That info comes via an Overkill developer stream which you can see below – beta details at 32:43. The stream also showcases some gameplay, giving you a taste of what to expect from the general flow of the cooperative stages. Co-op zombie bashing certainly sounds like it’s filling the hole of Left 4 Dead 3, though Overkill’s game doesn’t seem to have quite the sublime polish we’d expect from a new Valve title.
Still, it’s the next game from the Payday people, and that presents an impressive pedigree. You can see the game in action for yourself via the dev stream below. Gameplay begins at 8:30.
The Overkill’s The Walking Dead release date has been delayed many times over since the game was first announced years ago, but it appears to at last be on track for its November 6 launch.
- Overkill’s The Walking Dead Receives New Trailer & Release Date
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Online release times – console posses ride for beta tomorrow
- Starbreeze Admits RAID Performed “Significantly Below” Expectations; Finance Gathered for Overkill’s The Walking Dead
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Beta Starts Tomorrow
- Payday 2 Launches On Nintendo Switch February 2018