We’ve been waiting patiently for Overkill’s The Walking Dead for a number of years now. The game was announced back in 2014 and since then its been delayed until later this year. However, with a new game trailer that was released thanks to E3 2018, we now know when to expect the game.
Overkill Software is known for Payday, the FPS based around bank heists but since then, there has been another FPS title that gamers may have been waiting to play since 2014. Overkill’s The Walking Dead is based around The Walking Dead franchise where there is a focus on cooperative gameplay.
Unlike The Walking Dead from Telltale Games, Overkill’s The Walking Dead is a more brutal FPS where a group of four individuals must band together in order to survive the zombie apocalypse world. Gameplay resembles the Left 4 Dead series but with a bit more serious tone to the gameplay combat.
The latest trailer showcased some of the gunplay and zombies players will be dealing with though we’re curious as to how they will be dealing with bites in the game. For instance, in the television and comic book franchise of The Walking Dead, characters would be forced to amputate limbs in order to prevent a zombie bite from causing death.
Regardless, we’ll soon know more as the game received its official release date. Players can pick up a copy of the game for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 6, 2018. Because the game has been around since 2014, we’re hoping that the hype surrounding the title can keep up with the expectations players may have.
- Starbreeze Admits RAID Performed “Significantly Below” Expectations; Finance Gathered for Overkill’s The Walking Dead
- Scrapped Resident Evil TV Series Uncovered
- Bloodborne: The Death of Sleep Comic Expands on Game’s Universe; Set for February 2018 Release
- Conan Exiles Will Release On All Platforms May 8th 2018
- Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja Reveal Dead or Alive 6; First Main Series Entry Since 2012