Blizzard Entertainment is continuously on the pulse of its Overwatch fanbase providing updates, bug fixes, cosmetics and new characters for the ever hungry multitude of competitive gamers. But if you feel like most recently there hasn’t been enough content from the developers, Overwatch’s leading man, Jeff Kaplan recently spoke up on the game’s forums, stating that gamers can expect a host of new content coming to the game very soon.
“We have a ton of new content coming. Not only are there some really awesome items coming for upcoming events, early next year we’ll be adding *a lot* of new items to the base loot box,” said Kaplan. He also clarified further down this didn’t include the Overwatch League skins for which “more information” would be coming soon.
As of right now, what we do know about the upcoming content is that Blizzard aims to add lots of skins from its other franchises such as StarCraft, World of Warcraft and Diablo in early 2018. But knowing Blizzard, there’s probably lots more hidden away for gamers to look forward to.
Excited to get your hands on some new skins? Let us know in the comments below.
Overwatch is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Overwatch Is Gifting Away 5 Free Lootboxes
- Overwatch Gets New Skins Today; Marks The Start of A New League
- New Cosmetic Updates Coming To Overwatch
- Waverunner D.Va and footballer Reinhardt join the Overwatch Summer Games this week
- Blizzard is “brainstorming solutions” for cross-platform Overwatch profiles