As planned, Overwatch update 2.29 is now available. The update not only adds a new Assault/Escort map, it adds the much anticipated cosmetic items.
Overwatch update 2.29 adds the Blizzard World map, taking players to Azeroth, Tristram, and the Koprulu sectors, paying homage to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. In addition to that, over 100 cosmetic items “inspired by Blizzard World, Overwatch animated shorts,” and other Blizzard franchises were added to lootboxes.
New Assault/Escort Map: Blizzard World
Relive where you took your first steps in Azeroth, where you confronted the Lord of Terror, and where you spawned your first zerg rush—all of these epic memories come together on Overwatch’s newest Assault/Escort hybrid map, Blizzard World! This theme park brings the magic of Blizzard’s many worlds into one place so your most epic memories can come to life as you attack and defend the payload across Azeroth, Tristram, and the Koprulu Sector.
The Blizzard World map will be disabled in Competitive Play until the start of Season 9. It will be available in Quick Play and Custom Games starting with today’s patch.
Starting now, loot boxes have been infused with over 100 cosmetics inspired by Blizzard World, Overwatch animated shorts, and more! Collect new legendary skins, including: Barbarian Zarya, Black Cat D.Va, Crusader Reinhardt, Ecopoint: Antarctica Mei, Kabuki Hanzo, and emotes such as Mercy’s Parasol, Sombra’s Marioneta, and Tracer’s Bomb Spin. Additionally, players will discover new highlight intros like Bastion’s Reconfigure, Soldier: 76’s Lights Out, Winston’s Roll, and many more.
- Fixed a bug that caused weapon accuracy on the career profile to be displayed as 100%
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat’s Concussive Mine and Steel Trap to disappear if he placed them before using RIP-Tire
What is your favourite new cosmetic item?
- Overwatch Update 2.31 Performs Minor Hero Changes and
- New Cosmetic Updates Coming To Overwatch
- Overwatch Is Gifting Away 5 Free Lootboxes
- Overwatch To Get “A Ton of New Content” According To Jeff Kaplan
- Overwatch Gets New Skins Today; Marks The Start of A New League