After Paradox Interactive acquired Age of Wonders developer Triumph Studios in June 2017, a new Age of Wonders title was inevitable.
The studio finally announced their latest title, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, considered the fifth main entry in the franchise. Age of Wonders: Planetfall features single player and multiplayer, offering the famous strategic turn-based sci-fi combat.
Emerge from the cosmic dark age of a fallen galactic empire to craft a new future for your people. Explore the planetary ruins and encounter other surviving factions that have each evolved in their own way, as you unravel the history of a shattered civilization. Fight, build, negotiate and technologically advance your way to utopia, in a deep single player campaign, on random maps and against friends in multiplayer.
- Strategic Turn-Based Sci-Fi Combat: Perfect your combat strategy in intense turn-based battles that offer tactical challenges, a large cast of races, units with customisable weapons, and destructible environments.
- Discover a Rich Science Fiction World: Uncover the history of the fallen galactic empire as you explore lush landscapes, and experience the emergent story. Encounter NPC factions and rival houses, and discover hidden technologies that can strengthen your society and give you advantage over enemies.
- Planetary Empire Building: Create your own unique House, and build prosperous colonies through economic specializations of planetary sectors and governing doctrines.
- Multiple Paths to Victory: Achieve your end goals through conquest, diplomacy or doomsday technologies. Engrossing options with NPC factions and rival Houses won’t make the decisions easy!
Make sure to check the announcement trailer below.
- Stellaris’s MegaCorp DLC lets you build game publishers that sell ‘nano-transactions’
- Daily Deal: Galactic Civilizations Franchise Sale On Steam
- No Man’s Sky Massive Update NEXT Lands Next Week; Introduces Multiplayer
- Divinity: Fallen Heroes continues Original Sin 2’s story, but with XCOM-style combat
- Endless Space 2 Heads Into F2P Territory This Weekend