While Overkill Software’s first-person heist extravaganza Payday 2 was announced for Nintendo Switch a couple months back, we didn’t have a solid release date.
Now Starbreeze Studios and developer Overkill have finally announced that the title will arrive for Nintendo Switch on February 23rd in Europe and Australia and on February 27th, 2018 in North and South America.
The title will be available both digitally from the Nintendo eShop and at retail thanks to publisher 505 Games. Debuting 4 years ago, Payday 2 has become immensely popular over the past couple years sprouting a release on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One and more recently, HTC Vive and other Steam headsets with Payday 2 VR, currently in beta. The game has been incredibly support since launch, with Overkill providing 160 paid and free updates.
When Payday 2 was initially announced for the Switch, there was some concern that ports to the platform would feature downgrades in order to fit titles onto the less-hardware intensive platform. However, Nintendo has assured gamers that the Switch edition of Payday 2 will function just like the PC edition of the game.
Payday 2 will be available for Nintendo Switch in February 2018.
- Payday 2 Physical Release For Switch Will Likely Cost $49.99
- Payday 2 To Have Local Coop On Switch
- Starbreeze Admits RAID Performed “Significantly Below” Expectations; Finance Gathered for Overkill’s The Walking Dead
- Capcom Doesn’t Have Any Plans to Bring Monster Hunter World to Nintendo Switch; PS4 and Xbox One Are the Best Fit
- Get A Free Payday 2 DLC ‘Simon Mask’ Here